Re: oil filter

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, vafred@erols.com.triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil filter
From: "Andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:22:25 -0400 (EDT)
This is interesting.
My daily driver is a Miata - yes it leaks when it rains but it has an atomic
heater, and it's outnumbered by TR's. They have a problem with tapping
hydraulic lifter assemblies when the engine starts up, I guess the HLA's
drain as it's worse with a hot engine. Fresh oil and there's no tapping noise,
around 3K miles the noise starts, I use synthetic oil because on the
occasion I have to let it go over 3K (usually because I'm too busy working
on one of the TR's), at 4K it's LOUD and continues longer. I guess their
scientific study says that's OK but my unscientific observations get me
running to the store for oil and a filter.
Andy

On 06/09/99 04:08 PM ArthurK101@aol.com said...