RE: Squeaky Front End - No more!

To: "'b.johnson@diamond.co.uk'" <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Squeaky Front End - No more!
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 07:49:39 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
My final fix (for now at least) for the squeaky front end was to wrap
the openings to the slot that the hood support slides through with the
fuzzy (i.e. not the hook side) side of self adhesive velcro tape.  This
provides a cushion for the support rod and so far seems to be a more
permanent fix.  The fuzzy velcro almost looks like it belongs there.
The electrical tape I put on the support rod itself was already wearing
out after ~50 miles.

Brian, I too agree that this simple fix is one of the most dramatic
improvements to my car I have experienced.  All I hear now is the engine
revving and the exhaust singing.  Thanks again to Dennis Culligan.

Jack Radley