Re: Vicky brit

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Vicky brit
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:01:15 -0800
Cc: Jon Mac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've been pretty satisfied with V.B. myself. I agree with the comment to
not bother asking any technical questions.

V.B is doing one thing very smart recently, from a marketing standpoint.
They are assembling "kits" for more common repairs. For example, a
complete brake rebuild kit for a 4A.

I do suggest you ask for catalogs for other cars which are likely to
have inter-changeable parts. With my recent TR4 O/D project, I found a
"kit" in the TR6 catalog that provides all the bearings, o-rings, seals,
gaskets, etc. This is a real time-saver & helps insure I get all the
"most likely" stuff in the garage before I tear things apart. In this
case, I cross-checked and the parts #'s are the same in the TR3-4A
catalog. I did find another instance where a part appeared to be
cheaper, but hope disappeared when I called to find out "prices are
subect to change without notice".

Of course, there are some folks who need all the catalogs because they
have at least one of each car! Right, Brad? :-)

Regarding other suppliers, Moss gets stuff to me very quickly, but they
are about 400 mi. South of here, virtually in the n'hood. My only gripe
they can't be held responsible for: 7.5% Calif. sales tax on top of the
parts costs.

British Parts Connection (Moss jobber, I think) has done a very good
job.

I've been in touch with TSI, BPNW & TR Enterprises, and plan to give em
each a try in the near future.

I can't say anything about TRF, because I've never used them. I recently
ordered their catalog, got the price list. I think the catalog is on
backorder. :-)

FYI: Moss has downloadable Adobe Acrobat catalogs at their website,
these are searchable, to a degree.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L