Re: Vicky Brit

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: Vicky Brit
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:11:35 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi John;

I've bought the majority of the parts for my GT6+ from Vicki Brit.....long
before I ever new that TRF existed. So far everything has been good. Including
a major carpet kit and a major weather strip kit. However, the weather strip
kit is a huge pile of rubber gaskets and I have yet to see how they fit. I've
heard some criticism of the trim kit but I was impressed that it included the
seals that go between the vent window and the door jamb. Those fell off most
GT6's so long ago I had to look in one of the books to see how to properly fit
them.

So far I have been happy with both TRF and Vicki Brit. The glovebox companion
provided by TRF is very handy and they have been promising one for the GT6 for
years but for one reason or another it hasn't seen the printing press as yet.

I applaud any supplier who has made the effort to supply parts that keep our
cars on the road. Actually, when I think about it it is far easier to obtain
parts for my GT6+ than it was when there were Triumph dealers! :-) I remember
calling and driving all over eastern Pennsylvania looking for gearbox parts
for my mother's GT6 in 1970.

Greg