Did you see heartbeat

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Did you see heartbeat
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:44:05 +0000 (GMT)

 Are our American friends familiar with 'Heartbeat'? If you aren't it's
a 'nice' show set in 1960's Remote Yorkshire. It's centred around a
police station and the coppers that work there. They only ever have to
deal with 'nice' crime that doesn't really involve anyone getting more
than a 'Elstree biff' on the nose.:-) Anyway the real reason we watch it
is for the old cars that are used in it. The barmaids got an isetta
bubble car, the coppers use Anglias and one has a triumph motorbike.
Imagine my excitement when I saw that the focus characters this week had
a 948 herald! Imagine my dispointment when it transpires (in a daytime
scene) that the herald is 'salmon pink' and it's owners are a 'pair of
nice boys' who are opening up a restaraunt!:-) Later on i nearly cried
as the Herald was driven roughly across a ploughed field towards a
cliff......

   Johnny '70 Viterald not capable of being driven over smooth
tarmac....:-(