Re: stuck wire wheel

To: <KTRIUMPH@aol.com>, <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Subject: Re: stuck wire wheel
From: "Dave Hammond" <dhammond@mind.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 19:16:21 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ken;
The advice you have received so far is very good. It if still won't come
off, this is a last resort that I had to do once with my stag. Get a hub
puller on the wheel ( you may have to fabricate something to pull off from
the center of the adaptor if the threaded portion of the puller is not long
enough.). I had to cut spokes with a torch to get the puller tp the back of
the wire wheel. I tried tightening the puller, but it still would not
budge. I then heated the wire wheel center until it was cherry red before
it came loose. Needless to say, I had to rechrome the wire wheel and
replace spokes.
How to prevent happening again? Remove the wheel on a regular basis, say 6
months, and regrease each time. I use never seize.
Dave in Oregon
63 T3
64T4
68 T250
69 T6
72 Stag
65 Land Rover
72 Stag

> From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
> To: ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com
> Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: stuck wire wheel
> Date: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 4:41 PM
>

> In a message dated 2/9/99 2:49:53 PM EST, ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com
writes:

> << Anybody have a secret trick for removing a stuck wire wheel from an
LBC?