Re: Doubling the fleet-Stag -Reply

To: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Subject: Re: Doubling the fleet-Stag -Reply
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:55:02 +1300charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve

Thanks for the reply

I have been a member of the Triumphs list for some time, and some of the
stuff on it helps alot, given that the 2500S shares the  much of the engine
/ gearbox / diff componentry a TR250 / TR6. Much of the suspension is common
to the 2500S, so parts are not too much a problem in that area.

This car has quite a history apparently - it seems that it was rebuilt after
a DPO put a Chev V8 and a Toyota gearbox. Apparently it drove like a pig, so
the owner who spent heaps found an engine, rebuilt it and mated to a Triumph
Dolomite Sprint gearbox - same design, closer ratios. He also completely
redid the body and put in a different (read bigger) radiator and cooling
fan.

It is a lovely car to drive, and this morning, I had no choice but to take
the kids to school, top down of course :-)

I see there is a Stag list as well - any good?

Cheers

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D