Auto TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto TR6
From: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 99 12:47:05 PST
Cc: guyotleonf@aol.com
Leon Guyot wrote;

>For that matter, one of the members of TRSC (Hi Steve), did >a terrific job of
>converting his father's beautiful
>delft-blue TR6 to auto, so that he could still drive it >after a stroke left
>him very weak on his right-side.            >Before you all throw your hands
>up in horror! It is
>beautifully executed, with no outward signs of the >reversible conversion, and
>even the gear lever still
>looks like a manual stick shift!

I wrote and photographed an article on this car which will be in an upcoming
issue of "Triumph World". Don't yet know which issue. A very nice car and the
conversion is so clean that many people, even those acquainted with Triumphs,
take it to be a factory job. The automatic was out of a 2000 saloon so it is
"all" Triumph. The job was much more difficult than you might think.

Cheers,

Kurt Oblinger
TR2  TR3  TR7  Vitesse  Doretti  Commando