TR 256

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 256
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:28:23 -0500
I'd like to know if anyone out there has done something like this.

I've been thinking about putting the front clip from a TR4/250 onto a TR6 frame.
 It would be a TR6 from the firewall back and a TR4/250 from the doors and
firewall forward.  Anyone ever seen this done or have any ideas on what
modifications would be needed or considerations that I should look at?  What
measurements should I make to take into account things like, the TR4/250 bonnet
has a curve to it versus the flatter TR6 bonnet, and might not fit over the long
6 cylinder engine?  (Would a small V8 be a better fit for the TR4/250 bonnet?)

 Comments? Suggestions (sorry, my wife has already claimed the "have your head
examined" suggestion)? Ideas? Experiences?

My apologies to any that might be offended by my lack of purism, but I really
like the looks of the front of the TR4/250 and the rear of the TR6 and I figure
I'd be salvaging two TRs at once.

Thanks in advance
Bud 71TR6 CC57365
       71TR6 CC65446 (into a TR256 ?)