RE: mail fraud?

To: "'Susan and John Roper'" <vscjohn@iamerica.net>, Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: RE: mail fraud?
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:27:51 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Let's not start that yet, IF the person is on the list Brad's note
should be fair warning.  If not, then the idea of a local making contact
is a good alternative.   If nothing pans out, then maybe let it be known
who it is.

Just curious, was it a postal money order or from a major company such
as American Express?  If it was USPS, then it definitely would qualify
as fraud and have federal repercussions, if one of the others, you might
call the 1-800 number on your stub to see if there is any assistance
available through them.

Another thought, you have his address; send him a certified letter
stating your situation and asking for a response or the parts (sent
insured, signature required) within a specified amount of time.  (2
weeks or so).  You could ask for a separate response by mail when the
parts are shipped that states the carrier and tracking number.

If you talk to someone about this at the post office or otherwise, and
they do state that it is fraud, then include that in the letter.

Try not to be accusatory (I know it may be difficult); and be
understanding of his situation as he stated it.

Good luck

Carl