TR-6 S.S. Sport Exh. Question

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 S.S. Sport Exh. Question
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 22:01:39 -0500
Triumphant Listers, A question for any of you that may have had the Falcon
Stainless Steel Twin Sports exhaust system on a TR-6. I've got the pretty
system in my hands and was wondering what you may have done for rear
hangers. I noticed in the Moss catalogue that its says "The system uses the
standard support ...... only the mufflers need different rear mounts" It
goes on say that these are included in their fitting kit (yeah right). TRF
says "it will be necessary to improvise rear hangers". Now if it were up to
me I'd be getting out the PIG (Plutonium Inert Gas) welder, going down to
the local unobtainium store, and securing a ride on the next space shuttle
to "improvise " my rear hangers. Seriously I'm just looking for some
suggestions or past experiences that any of you may have had in installing
this particular system. Please bear in mind that what I've got sitting out
in the garage is just a frame with all suspension and running gear bolted on
so I'm not exactly sure what space clearances I'll need as far as clearing
the rear body work is concerned. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Craig Bentley