Re: tech: parts storage question

To: Terrence Begley <tbegley@lucent.com>, Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: tech: parts storage question
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:25:02 -0800
Cc: spitlist@gte.net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've used Simple Green with great success. Perhaps less toxic than kerosene?
and that makes .04
Peter C
At 07:48 AM 11/24/98 -0500, Terrence Begley wrote:

>       Back in the early '70s I was hired by the local Volkswagen dealership
>to 'de-cosmoline' the new Bugs just shipped in. The stuff that we washed
>the cars down with was (are you listening EPA?) pure kerosine. We would
>pump out a bucket of the stuff and wash the car down in a gravelled
>area. I went through 3 pairs of sneakers that summer before I said
>"Thats it, I can't buy sneakers have them eaten up again" but the
>kerosine really took the cosmoline off.
>
>Just my .02
>Terry
Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets at 5 clubs in WI
          Feb. 5 - 7 1999