Re: New TR4 Owner

To: Bill_Eley@AIMFUNDS.COM
Subject: Re: New TR4 Owner
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:17:32 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bill, glad to have you aboard.  I've got a 62 also that is in the process of
being restored.  You'll find this list to be a store house of knowledge and
information.

The speedo could be broke, or it could just be the cable thats broke.  If the
cable broke then there is a good chance you'll need to have it looked at
anyway.  I saw that someone previously suggested Nisongers which is
probably your best bet.  Unless you wanted to find a replacement which
isn't always easy.

Now I have a question for you.  On your speedometer there will be some
numbers.  Right above the letters MPH there will be a four diget number.
What does your say.  Also right below the right most number on the trip
odometer is another six diget number.  Also what does your say?

Welcome and thanks.

> I just found and acquired a beautiful, original '62 TR4 (CT5018L0).  While
> I've owned Austin Healey Sprites in the past, this is my first Triumph.  I
> would appreciate any initial ownership advice from any TR4 fanatics out
> there.  The car is generally in great shape, and needs only a few cosmetic
> bits, but the speedo doesn't work (which I would like to fix right away).
> Any idea how I might approach that problem?  By asking that question, you
> might guess that my mechanical skills are somewhat limited (true), but I'm
> ready to learn.  Thanks.
>
> Bill Eley
> '62 TR4 (CT5018L0)

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1973  Spitfire Mk IV       (for sale or trade?)
1962 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108