Re: New TR4 Owner

To: "Eley, Bill W" <Bill_Eley@AIMFUNDS.COM>
Subject: Re: New TR4 Owner
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:01:58 -0600 (CST)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Eley, Bill W wrote:

        Congrats!

        There are only 166 Tr4s that separates yours from mine. I'm sure
        your `4 is in much better shape than mine was (23 years of
        Central Illinois winters and the tin worm). My `4 hs undergone a
        complete rebuild (and I've taken a few liberties with its
        originality). It's a daily driver during the warm months and is
        never actually stored in the winter I drive it from time to time
        (Don't believe in storing).

        Out of curiosity, what carbs does your `4 have (mine came with S-Z
        CD175s, I've always doubted they were original for the car).

        As for the speedo I'd recommend Nisongers (I think they are owned
        by Moss. They did a good job on my tach and speedo many yeras ago.

> I just found and acquired a beautiful, original '62 TR4 (CT5018L0).  While
> I've owned Austin Healey Sprites in the past, this is my first Triumph.  I
> would appreciate any initial ownership advice from any TR4 fanatics out
> there.  The car is generally in great shape, and needs only a few cosmetic
> bits, but the speedo doesn't work (which I would like to fix right away).
> Any idea how I might approach that problem?  By asking that question, you
> might guess that my mechanical skills are somewhat limited (true), but I'm
> ready to learn.  Thanks.
>
> Bill Eley
> '62 TR4 (CT5018L0)

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois