TR4A top >TR250

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A top >TR250
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:30:23 -0500
Just curious if anyone has done this.  Originality is not a concern to
me.

I had the top off of my 250 for a few days while getting a new rear
window sewn in ( 10 year old Robbins top in VGC except for a broken rear
center window...$75 to repair )

While driving around without the top frame behind me I felt a feeling of
spaciousness.  I recalled that my first Triumph was a '65 TR4A ( I had it
 in 1970 )  had the removable top.  The frame folded down in the well and
was covered by what could be called a rear seat.

My question to the list...is the windshield top frame that the front lip
of the 4A top goes under interchangeable with the one I would remove from
the 250?  How about the mounting holes for the frame in the dog legs (
just aft of the doors ) would that also use the same mountings?

Thanks for any consideration.

Just thinking about the possibilities.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA