fuel pump - electric vs mechanical

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel pump - electric vs mechanical
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:34:13 -0500
I still haven't got my rebuilt motor installed in the 6 yet - too many
non TR interruptions.  Anyway, in the back of my mind I am worried about
the possibility of my mechanical pump dumping fuel into the block.  I
rebuilt the pump several years ago and don't particularly suspect it is
malfunctioning.  My old carbs were running very rich and I think they
were contributing to the gasoline content of the oil.  The downdraft
webers I picked up should solve that.

I have already collected some good tips from the list including an impact
cut off and not mounting the pump in the trunk (thanks RML).

So what is the feeling of the list?  Manual or electric?  I am sure if I
don't spend the $30 on an electric fuel pump I will come up with
something else to spend it on.

MRB