TR-3,4: Generator whining, swap from 4 to 3

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3,4: Generator whining, swap from 4 to 3
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:09:26 -0800
   The generator from my TR-3 is whining intermittently - possibly because
the car repeatedly boiled over onto it before I fixed that problem.  I
oiled the generator is as suggested in the routine maintenance guidelines
and that may have helped a bit, but the problem is still there.
  1.  Do you think this is something to deal with ASAP or can I live with
it for a while?
  2.  Anyone see a problem substituting the generator from my non-running
'66 TR-4A?  It's negative ground, so I'd have to swap leads on the TR-3's
coil.
   Thanks.
John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan