Tie rod ends - rubber gaiters.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tie rod ends - rubber gaiters.
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:29:13 EST
Listers:

One of the rubber boots on the steering rack is torn wide open and I am about
to replace both. I have never done this, nor have I messed with tie rod ends.
My initial assumption - after inspection - was that I would need to demove the
tie rods ends and slide the boots off that way. Is this so?
What is the best way to do this? Nothing else really needs to be done in this
area so the shortest and cleanest way to go would be most appreciated.
In responding, please go into a little detail and feel free to state the
obvious - never assume what is obvious to you will have been so obvious to me.
TIA.

                                                              JMac