TR6: points vs electronic

To: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: points vs electronic
From: LBOTTOM2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:37:02 EST
Has anyone had luck with the Ignitor electronic ignition for their TR6? I've
got one, tried it and took it back out. The rotor proceeded to chew up the
plastic around the contacts inside the distributor cap. Even after I cleaned
it up and put it back in, the car just doesn't seem to run well with it. Any
ideas as to why? I did call the company and they assured me I had the correct
one for my car and could not understand the problem. Was hoping it would run
better, not worse.

Steve Longbottom
72 TR6
75 TR7