Re: Spit - Hot Wheels

To: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Spit - Hot Wheels
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:36:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ray,

Thought you were looking for Hot Wheels miniature cars, by the subject!

I had seen this problem with my 77 Spit. The first cause was a sticking
handbrake cable. Then after replacing the rear brakes, it was the new
shoes.

If it is the brake, I would suspect the handbrake cables,main pivot
between the front and back cables and adjustments rather than
shoes/brake lines/shoe adjustment. I think the latter would cause less
effective breaking, not what you're experiencing (excessive braking).
The smoke/smell leads to me to believe brakes, as well.

I can't say much about bearings, etc...is it possible to take her for a
spin, come back and try and locate the source of heat/friction by taking
the tire off immediately after returning to your garage and carefully
feeling around?

Regards,

Vic

--
Victor Michael                 |       vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer               |     Voice (312) 214-2327