Re: TR6 Mains (long)

To: "Richard W. Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Mains (long)
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 17:04:03 -0400
Cc: "Martin Libhart" <mlibhart@feist.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
At 02:56 PM 7/7/98 -0400, Richard W. Leopold wrote:

snip

>>but did find a small phillips "set screw" that was about 3/8"
>>long.  After much research in the parts manuals/diagrams, I determined
>>it was the locating screw for the rocker shaft assembly.  And sure
>>enough, pulled the valve cover and no screw in the shaft.
>
>I found that same screw in the pan of one of my TR-6 engines. I wonder if
>the cause lies with a DPO or whether this is a problem common to the 6?

I was reading Six-Tech this week, and this pesky screw warrented a full
write up. It is a very common malady. The author suggested using locktite
to keep the screw in place.

Depending on how long the screw has been in the pan, it is probable your
rocker shaft spun and you had no oil feeding the rockers. Hope you were
running an external rocker feed!
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 TR3B   TCF1927 L       Driver
 TR250  CD690 L         Soon to be Driver
 TR250  CD8096 L        Someday Driver
 TR250  CD1074 L        Some Brave Soul Other Than Me
                        Will Make This A Driver!