Master cylinder replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Master cylinder replacement
From: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:24:18 -0400
Cc: tedtsimx@mail.bright.net
Hi Everyone,

I'm replacing master cylinders in my TR4 and when reviewing Bentley and Haynes,
they both say to bleed the cluch slave cylinder.  My question is why?

It appears that all I need to do it to undo the brake Hydraulic line, undo  the
push rod connection and unbolt it from the bracket that mounts to the engine
bay.  What am i missing?  Is there a reason to bleed the cluch slave cylinder
even though it is a separate entity and does not share the brake hydaulics?  I
don't want to be a DPO but I am interested in doing as little breakdown as
possible.

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4

P.S. I'm going with a TR3 master cylinder.  It is what is in the car now and
from all the previous e-mail I received on the subject, should fit ok.  I just
need to swap pout connector rods.