Re: LBC insurance (opinions)

To: "Barry Schwartz" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: LBC insurance (opinions)
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:49:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
This is the same advice my insurance company gave me: take pictures,
document everything and save all receipts, including your proof of purchase
price, car show awards count too. They'll even keep a copy of it all on file
for you (but keep a copy for your records too). They also use a "Classic Car
Guide" for determining value before you make improvements. It's the 1,2,3,4
etc. rating system, from rolling wreck to concurs. Compared to the
specialized insurance companies, I pay dearly ($1000 less the annual 20%
dividend, so I net out at $800 per year for the TR6) but I've got no
restrictions and tons of coverage. I've been with them for 28 years for all
my cars and houses and have been treated extremely fair on every claim I've
had ........... hmmmmmmm there was the time the wife FORGOT she was in the
Suburban (!) and pulled into the garage and ripped the tripod mirror right
out of the passenger door, then the time the 16 year old let his underage
friend drive the Subaru Wagon........... through a stop sign (which pedal is
the brake?) and t-boned a parked Camaro, a couple of Audis that were broken
into, my brand new Mazda Millenia rearended at a stoplight to the tune of
$13,000....... I'd give up driving and ride my bike but someone walked into
the garage and stole that a few years ago! They've paid every claim promptly
and fairly, always in my favor, have never threatened to drop us or raise
our rates anything more than a very insignificant amount. I guess that's why
they are always rated number 1 in the Consumer Reports insurance issue.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD