Re: Center Dash SUpport

To: Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Center Dash SUpport
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:57:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

The center dash support bolts to the _frame_ through the floorboard. The
holes in the floorboard are directly below where the center dash support
would be connected to your dash... below the "heater switch plinth".

I suspect the "lumps" that you refer to are the remnants of the old CDS.

There should be two each 1/4-28 bolts (7/16th head) in the location where
the CDS attaches to the floor on eash side for a total of 4. The bolts are
rediculously long for the application, something like two inches.

I always use my air wrench to remove/install those suckers!

I've had to grind a few away in the past because the CDS was corroded and
the bolt heads were no longer 7/16ths or any resemblance to usable...

regards,
rml

p.s. gotta go pull my center dash support again to get the run all fancied up.