Air tools

To: "Chris Prugh" <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Air tools
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:15:22
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris and List,

I dug out a catalog I had for ENCO, a tool vendor who consistantly has
great prices.  I'm considering buying a dial venier from them too.  Their
phone is 800-873-3626.  They provide a 48 piece Air Tool kit as follows:

1/4 inch collet Air die Grinder, with 10 piece stone assortment
6 inch Dual Action Sander
3/8 inch Reversing air drill
3/4 inch Hammer kit, with 5 chisels
3/8 inch Air Ratchet, universal joint, extension 10(?) bits and sockets
1/2 inch Impact wrench set with 10 sockets
Blow Off Gun and (1/4 x 25 foot) air hose (that's a pretty small hose)

This set includes a reversible drill and sander, beyond what Alpine air &
auto supplied, but no tool oil, hose connectors or minor tools.  I can't
compare quality, but the opinion of the list, was generally that lower
quality air tools would probably be OK for the occasional use we give them.
 This set was is currently priced at $150 (April sale only, then back to
$165) + $22 S&H.  Also, they don't supply an all in one carry case, but I
really don;t think I'd want for for all this stuff.

I'm waiting to see Harbor Freight and a few other catalogs, before I jump,
however.

BTW - No ginsu knives are included.

Just food for thought for the listers that are in the market too.

Jack