Re: TR6 Brake Warning Light

To: kmntr6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Brake Warning Light
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:54:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

You mentioned replacing your rugs... I'd make sure that the seat wire
thingies are connected. As for the light glowing when the hand brake is on
- I'm afraid not. This was not a feature of the TR6. Also check that the
seat belt thingie has its wires connected (I think).

Of course this is coming from a person who's light has been glowing for
something like 10 years... mine seems to be a short in the PWDA itself, I
think the seals in there have perished... I just tell all my passengers not
to worry - the brakes haven't failed... YET!

Seriously, threre's a number of things that'll make that light glow, you
jsut need to track them down with a multi meter. My money's on the
connectors for the seats because you just changed the rugs.

later
Bob Lang
TR6's