brit engineering ,lives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: brit engineering ,lives
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:03:31 -0800
Interesting article in this months British Classic Motor Monthly. Seems a
fellow over there designed his own nitrous-oxide injection system with a
solenoid micro valve switch to release the gas into the manifold for
instant boost etc. and quick passing. While passing a Porsche the switch
stuck open, while trying to turn off the ignition he suddenly realized he
was heading toward the ferry landing, he then remembered he could not
swim, now he wants to know if anyone has a better design for the switch.
Seems the engine destroyed itself before the water, but said it was quite
frightfull. Perhaps Joe or the good doctor from s. wales can give some
help here I'm not quite sure what kind of help but certainly before
Richard wakes in the A.M. to give his attention to this engineer we all
know how he thinks on these matters.