Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: The Browns <thebrown@scci.net>
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:05:58 -0800
Cc: pearesto@totcon.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vtr-admin@Autox.Team.Net
The Browns wrote:

> I think an open registry for all Triumphs would be great!  I share the
> privacy concern.  Why not just list the Model, yr., VIN and Postal Zone.  If
> that data is put in a  database then you could get all the information
> necessary without getting involved in privacy issues.
> D. Brown

Thank you, THat is a very constructive suggestion.  One that I will take
under consideration in trying to solve this problem about how to satisfy
everybody's concerns.

I think that by giving prople the option of whether or not they want
their name listed is probably the best option.  If they don't, the name
field could be left as "Unavailable" or "withheld".  Something like
that.

Thanks again,  I encourage thoughts like that instead of the type that
are completely negative and without merit.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit  (mild mannered reporter)