Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: pearesto@totcon.com
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:07:44 -0800
Cc: EPaul21988@aol.com, streeter@sanders.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, WFDaehle@mail.delcoelect.com, Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu, Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, vtr-admin@Autox.Team.Net
John Peacock wrote:

> Joe
>
> Maybe the best thing is for VTR to send a flyer out asking if we want our
> names included in such a list.  A non returned flyer would be implied
> consent..  I think a list of all Triumphs would be great, not just
> Spitfires.  If the flyer is returned with a negative response then they
> just don't get on the list.  That way those of us that want to know about
> other cars in our area will.  The question could even be incorporated into
> the renewal form and the new member form so in the future there are no more
> problems
>
> Just my opinion, but I think it would make all happy, and I don't think
> there are any die hard Triumph thieves anyway.
>
> John  Peacock

That is an excellent idea.  Why didn't I think of that?  No, wait! I did
think of that.  It was one of the suggestions (not exactly worded that
way, but the same intent) that I made to VTR as an alternative.

You know, what amazes me is the amount of positive feedback I have
gotten from people worldwide, most of which don't give a hoot about VTR,
or any clubs.  They feel just like I do, that it would be extremely
interesting to know who among their neighbors have a similar vehicle.
After all, aren't we as enthusiasts, supposed to be enthusiastic???

Thanks for your input.  I'll keep trudging in an effort to leave no
stone unturned in my search for every remaining Spitfire.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit (continuously w/o doors)