Re: Jumping speedo needle

To: Rod Randle <randle@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Jumping speedo needle
From: Mike Ginter SA <mike@spitfire.stortek.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:28:00 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Rod Randle wrote:

> HMENTZEN@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Any ideas on what I should check to correct the bouncing of the speedo
>needle
> > on my 79 Spit? The other problem  with the speedo is that I have to tap the
> > speedometer to get the needle to begin registering the rpm. TIA
> > Thanks to those people that responded to my questions about doing away with
> > the monza system (exh) . I installed the falcone stainless system from TRF.
> > did have to shorten the back pipe to get the muffler to line up with its
> > mounts. The sound is different- more subdued but very enjoyable.IMHO
> >
> > Hans Mentzen
> > 79 Spit   FM92061
>

> Interesting you mention the tach problem.  It takes about 30 seconds for
> my tach to start registering anything.  Once it moves it is very smooth
> and doesn't seem to be hanging up on anything.  I'll be interested to
> see what info this brings.
>
> Rod Randle
> Shoreline, WA
> '78 Spit FM77880U

As would I.  My tach waits for some 10-20 seconds before registering
engine speed, and as soon as I rev the engine above 2000 rpm, it reads
about 1000 rpm high.  3 times in 15 months I have enjoyed seeing the tach
register engine rpms acurately.  But only 3 times.  I know it works once
in a blue moon.  Please let me know if anyone receives any good "off-list"

TIA,

Mike
79 Spit