Re: Jumping speedo needle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Jumping speedo needle
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 05:38:41 GMT
On 28 Oct 1997, Rod Randle wrote:

> Interesting you mention the tach problem.  It takes about 30 seconds for
> my tach to start registering anything.  Once it moves it is very smooth
> and doesn't seem to be hanging up on anything.

The sticking needle seems to be a typical problem with Smiths electrical
tachos. Both my -74 Triumph and my -65 Jaguar does this, but only when
the weather is really hot. One ever so gentle tick with the fingernail
on instrument glass releases it. I don't know what is causing it, and
I've simple come to accept it. It doesn't seem to get worse, and the
reading is stable and free of flutter.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway