Re: bending fuel lines

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: bending fuel lines
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:51:52 +0100
Cc: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Paul Burr wrote:

> <snip>
> >
> > 2. Bend your own! The tools are readily available at any auto parts
> > store. NEVER use a plumbing style flaring tool on automotive tubing. Ask
> > me how I learned this fact....
>
> Do you mean a swaging hammer?   I've never seen one small enough to flare
> brake hoses.

A hammer! Noooooo! It's a 2 piece bar that you insert the tube into. The
bar is drilled out to enclose several different diameters of tubing.
Clamp the tube down in it's proper diameter hole, then the flare is done
with supllied dies using a screw down arbor that hooks onto the bar. Two
steps, flare it, then bubble. Next time you're in any large parts store,
cruise by the speciality tools and check it out, this'll all make sense!