Re: fuel lines

To: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: fuel lines
From: "John Peacock" <pearesto@totcon.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:47:56 -0700
Peter

 I assume you have the dreaded Zenith Stromberg carbs.  If so then the
needles are probably sticking.  I am not sure about fixing the line but
maybe another fuel filter is in order.  The rust is likely not coming from
the small steel line but is getting past your filter.  I have had the same
problem on a TR7.  I installed 2 in line fuel filters.  The other thing to
do is install a set of Grose Jets.  It is more like a ball and socket than
a needle but does an awsome job of not sticking.  They are about $3 or $4
from Victoria British.  I am sure all the others like Moss or TRF also
supply them.  Good Luck

John Peacock

80 TR8
80 TR7 Spider 16v