FW: Re:Spitfire Misfire

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re:Spitfire Misfire
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:50:22 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Tustin Borg
<TustinB@slc.twc.com>]]

     Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:05:59 -0600
     From: Tustin Borg <TustinB@slc.twc.com>
     Subject: Re:Spitfire Misfire

The issie with the misbadged '70 Spit reminded me of a similar story I
recenlty heard about a very late Mark II...complete with the low front
bumper...badged as a Mark III.  Supposedly it came that way new.  Which
makes me wonder with that '70 if Triumph didn't maybe just run out of
Mark III badges late in the run, or if somebody got excited about  the
new badges they just got in for the next model and wanted to see
waht they actually looked like on a vehicle. It already had the Spitfire4
interior, why not add a few badges to match?!  Who knows, but I for one
wouldn't be surprised if the car came that way.  (Look at the mismatched
parts on the Italia!)

Tustin Borg