oil pan smoil pan: exhausting sugestions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oil pan smoil pan: exhausting sugestions
From: "Craig Bentley" <MMBENT@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 97 00:48:30 UT
Hello everyone just a quick couple of questions for the collective wisdom. I
need to know what the thread size is supposed to be on a TR6 drain plug. It
seems as though the DPO has "cross threaded" (to put it lightly) the oil pan
that I'm going to use on my rebuild. My manual says 3/8X18. It certainly is
not 3/8. Most of the threads are still visible in the oil pan its just the
first 2 or 3 that are causing the problem. Also while I know this has been
discussed before I'm looking for some opinions on exhaust systems. I currently
plan on using a "dual" manifold with Moss' "twin sports" system in stainless.
I'm not to concerned about the volume as long as it sounds good, I can't hear
very well anyway. Does anyone have some cold hard numbers from a dyno as to
which system provides the best power?  A header may be in my future but as for
now I plan on using the cast iron manifold
                                  Thanks and I'm glad that we seem to back on
track after what seemed to be endless rubbish cluttering the bandwidth  Craig
Bentley