Re: PCV valve on TR-4A

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@hq.cnsl.spear.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: PCV valve on TR-4A
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 20:36:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Cliff Hansen wrote:
> Any other owners out there know how to diagnose faults
> with this thing?  How do I know if mine is functioning
> correctly?  As it's operation affects vacuum in the
> intake manifold, it seems to be an important thing to
> check when diagnosing engine problems, but my books are
> silent on this item.

  The usual PCV valve test is to blow air into it
from both sides (with your mouth and some rags for
hygeine) . It should only admit air from one side
if it's working, the direction being such that
if the crankcase gets pressure it'll exit the
valve, but not the other way.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada