small-chassis Triumph paint

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: small-chassis Triumph paint
From: Peter and Marisa Barlow <pmbarlow@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:03:28 -0700
Hi gang,
        I have just returned to the list after a year away working on somebody
else's Jaguar.  Please excuse me if my questions have been recently answered.

        I have returned to the restoration of a '70 Bond Equipe.  It is fully
disassembled, and parts are slowly going back and forth to the sandblaster and
redi-stripper.

        Can someone please refresh my memory on how the chassis was painted on
the small-frame Triumphs?  Was the chassis always body colour? (we're talking
late 60's here only).  Was the chassis sprayed body-colour before the body was
attached?  Was it sprayed anything else before the body colour was applied?
The front suspension towers were also body coloured, but all the suspension
pieces were black, right?  Any other related tidbits that will save me hours of
digging into the books would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Peter Barlow