Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:02:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey team!

I was pondering the referenced idea and the following thoughts came to
mind.

1.  It seems that it would be a nightmare to fabricate a linkage setup
for both
the throttle, and the choke.  Lord knows keeping 2 SUs synchronized is
no easy
matter and they only have 1 interconnecting rod.  How could you possibly
cope
with two?

2.  Fuel line routing might be a concern as well.  On my dual setup, it
it provided
for by a pass through on the front carb.  If you use another front carb
for the
middle unit, you will end up with an "S" shaped fuel line somewhere in
the setup.
If you use a rear carb for the centre (center) unit, then you must make
a "T" or
"Y" connection in the fuel line.  (Thank God for the alphabet)

3.  Based on the above two comments, it would seem that as long as one
was doing
the engineering and fabrication, one might spend his time constructing
something
that might be of interest to others (Who knows you might have a
marketable product).
THe Idea of an electronic fuel injection system for LBC's is appealing
and most
certainly would be far easier to construct. (extra bonus-more economical
and less
hassel to keep tuned)

Does anybody share these thoughts?

Joe Curry   '63 Spit