Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 07:21:27 -0700
>Just wondering if anyone has put triple SU's on a six, and if so, what the
result was. Would three HS6's work?
***********************************
I’ve seen pictures of just such a setup (actually using Strombergs) and
have contemplated doing the same thing on my GT6+.  Have already drawn up
the solid model manifold in PRO-E, but haven't made any further advances.
It's rather expensive to get prototype castings made. but these could be
made to accommodate 1.5 or 1.75 Strombergs or SU's.
On another performance related note I would like to make up an exhaust
header, but I only need the flange that bolts to the head.  Anybody got a
rusty, broken, bent tubes, header for a later GT6 or TR6 that has a good,
solid head flange that they would like to get rid of?

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )