Delorto carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Delorto carbs
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:29:48 -0700
>Hi all-
>A fellow co-worker here has a Lotus Super Seven with a "built" motor,
>Cosworth head, etc. He runs two Delorto carbs on his motor (he gets
>approx. 170hp out of this setup) and recommended using only one of these
>carbs on a stock 1500cc Spitfire motor. I haven't heard anybody on this
>list ever talk about Delorto carbs, are they similar to Webers? He told me
>his supplier in Santa Barbara, CA, recommended Delorto carbs for street
>use. He also mentioned that these units have no choke, but the accelerator
>pump supplies fuel for starting, you just warm it up with your right foot!
>Anybody have any experience with these carbs?
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Glenn Bowley in Mansfield, CT
>gbowley@snet.net
>'75 Spitfire 1500
>FM30644U

Glenn...........Delortos are a copy of the Weber side draft (I
think)......they use all the same jets as the Weber does, thus they require
the same amount of time to get set-up properly for your particular
application.

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's