RE: Porsche

To: rem9@cornell.edu, "Craig Richburg" <richburg@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: RE: Porsche
From: "William West" <Will_Thane@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 97 19:07:05 UT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>----------
>Good,  however, I already own a Porsche.
>But you wouldn't know anything about that.
>I guest we can't expect much from someone who can not even afford
>his own email account.

Sorry to all the decent people on this list for further contributing to this
thread, but this "megalomaniacal" Hopkins bonecracker is really pushing my
buttons.  As I said before, this sort of high-browed economic elitism has been
the pariah of other factions of the British car organizations for quite some
time.

Doctor, I really don't give a damn how much money you've invested into your
cars, nor do I care whether or not a person can afford a computer, email
accounts or any of the other useless toys that we take for granted. We are
here because we share an appreciation of LBC's, not to bolster our egos by
such 'pocket-book-tauntery'. Frankly, I'd much rather take a ride with a
serious enthusiast who can hardly afford to keep his rubber-bumper Midget on
the road, than some wanna-be, image-conscious  money grubber whose identity
exists hardly beyond his own bank account.

In addition to my British cars, I ride a '69 TR6C motorcycle.  No where, with
the exception of the Yuppie Brand-New, matching saddle bag Harley crowd, have
I ever experienced the classist BS that we *occasionally* see with the car
enthusiasts, and as such, there seems to be a greater solidarity between the
Brit-Iron crowd than the LBC crowd.  And although I ride an old Limey bike,
even the serious Harley riders, famous for their fervent mechanical
nationalism, will stop to assist, give the thumbs up, and extend pint lifting
invitations regardless of one's standing on the economic ladder.  The
nose-propped snobbery that you seem to enjoy flaunting at every opportunity is
not part of the ball game, so to speak, and everyone has a better time
thereby.

I am happy to say that the vast majority of LBC enthusiasts are more like my
motorcycle friends. The people on this list and the british cars list are
always pleasant, always helpful and there exists a feeling of brotherhood
despite our economic differences. That is, until you showed up.  As I said
before, these cars were manufactured with joe-sixpack in mind.  They were not
intended to be the stomping ground of over-priced, over-paid witch doctors
such as yourself.  There are other enthusiast groups where you and your ego
might fit in a little better; perhaps you should consider hanging with them,
as it is apparent, based on the overwhelming number of negative responses to
your posts,  that you are not welcome here.

Will (who can barely afford to keep his Spitfire on the road---please forgive
me, my Lord)
76 Spitfire
78 Midget
69 TR6C