Re: TR-3A Need gasket cement on oil pan gasket?

To: "Scott Paisley" <scotty@csn.net>, "John Cowan" <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Subject: Re: TR-3A Need gasket cement on oil pan gasket?
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr" <mw_jordan@nationalpicture.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 15:33:22 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
This may have been said before, but Loctite makes a "Gasket Eliminator
Sealant" (Part 518) that does a great job.  I have used it to seal up
crankcase halves on Triumph, Norton and Ducati motorcycles as well as to
eliminate the base gasket on Norton cylinders on an AHRMA race bike with
great success.  It cones in a tube, is red and costs about $6 or so.  The
trick is to mate the surfaces with the sealant in place and tighten ever so
slightly at first, then torque down in about 6 hours.  That way the sealant
is not fully compressed out of the joints.
M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, Mississippi

TR3A, Norton motorcycles, Triumph motorcycles, BSA singles, Ducati Singles