Re: TR2 for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR2 for sale
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:41:14 -0400
Hello Bill, saw your notice, but have a question -

 >A gentleman from Saskatchewan, Canada phoned tonight with a TR2 for
 >sale.
 >His name is Todd.  Number is 306 522-5948.  If you have any interest,
 >contact him, not me.  I have no blah, blah, blah, etc. in this car.
 >
 >1954 TR2 long door  20179L  7,033 showing on broken odometer (probably
           ^^^^ ^^^^  ^^^^^
Sorry, I don't have a reference book handy here at work, but isn't that
number way too high for a long door ?  It should start with TS, also,
maybe you assumed that we all knew that, though.  I can't recall the
total number of long doors made, but I think it was no more than 2000
or 3000.  Can someone else comment on this ?  (Andy ??)

 >107,033)  tripometer does work.  Driven daily, knock off wheels (5), new
 >top, some body work done, but rough.  #3 cylinder fouls plug.  Complete
 >Asking $5,000 US currency
 >
 >Bill Wood
 >1973 TR6
 >1979 TR8 Coupe