Re: PAINT EVERYTHING THATS NOT MOVING

To: WBabbitt@aol.com, bill@netwidget.com
Subject: Re: PAINT EVERYTHING THATS NOT MOVING
From: DuperSude@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-06-09 23:16:41 EDT, WBabbitt@aol.com writes:

<< Hi Bill,
 POR-15 is a strange paint that really seems to fit the bill for parts of
your
 car (especially rusty ones) that aren't exposed to direct sun light.
 I checked around at several places for the right stuff for my frame.  This
 paint is made by RESTO MOTIVE Laboratories in Morristown, NJ.  They're very
 helpful and if you call (800) 457-6715 they'll send their catalog out to you
 and you can check it out.  Also, their operator was VERY knowlegable about
 their products.
 Before deciding on POR-15, I also checked out Eastwood (800) 345-1178 and
 Bill Hersch (201)642-2404.
 I'm real happy with the job POR-15 did (keeping in mind that I only put it
on
 last saturday - I hope it lasts forever).  It seemed like a real cost
 effective alternative to sand blasting and powder coating.
 You should check out the various companies and make the choice that's right
 for you.
 Any other opinions from the listers? >>

Hello all,
   In my opinion POR-15 is the greatest substance ever invented. Before we
got into Triumphs, my dad had some old( read 1940's )  pick up trucks. Bad
rusters.  We put POR-15 in some spots just to try it and it stopped the rust
in places where rust had already begun. One note of caution, though, the
surface to be painted must be bare metal or rust. Stufff is a miracle,
though.
                          John & Danny Burket
71 TR6  76 TR6  69 GT6+  79 TR7