Re: Spitfire Stromburg Carb Adjustments

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Stromburg Carb Adjustments
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 11:07:02 -0700

>I think the choke control modifies the pressure ratio across the piston
>which enriches the mixture.  Others may correct me on this...

******************************
Yep, only early Strombergs (prior to their use on Spitfires) used the old
raise the piston method.  The later Strombergs use a series of calibrated
fuel metering holes on a disk which take their feed directly from the fuel
bowl.  This assembly is mounted on the side of the carburetor and as the
disk is rotated, larger metering holes are uncovered allowing more fuel to
be drawn into the venturi -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire (undergoing T5 transplant)
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)