Re: TR6 oil change access

To: triumph@uriel.net
Subject: Re: TR6 oil change access
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 08:26:15 EDT
Cc: lgmiceli@juno.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 03 May 1997 16:29:47 +0900 Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
writes:

>Larry,
>
>I have made that hole "upgrade" to every TR6 I've owned except CF56595
>(Craig Stone's car) and CF25738.  I thought the Brits just lacked the
ability or
>motivation to put the hole there!  ;)  ;)  ;)
>
>Chad (I Finally got some Guinness in Korea) Jester

Oh No! That rotten cabbage has finally pickled your brain! What would
they say at a VTR concours !!! Or more importantly, what about when the
thing starts to rust because the lazy mechanic doesn't protect the bare
metal.

I have seen a few cars that were "modified" in a manner that was OK (I
guess), but Spencer's old car looked like someone took a can opener to
it. The other thing is that YOU chose to make the modification, not have
some "professional" tell you that if you didn't hack your car up, he
wouldn't work on it. That is the real issue,  I think.

(I think I may have had a little too much caffeine this morning)

BTW How is that Guinness with a good rotten cabbage dish anyway?

Larry Miceli