Re: TR6 oil change access

To: SBoz39@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 oil change access
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 20:19:17 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 2 May 1997 11:02:12 -0400 (EDT) SBoz39@aol.com writes:

>       My TR6 mechanic/restorer says he won't change the oil again
>unless we >put an access hole in the inner fender to get to the bolt and
filter.

Find another mechanic!!!

>He>says some of the later TR6's had access holes from the factory, or
>maybe dealer.

Never from the factory and only from lazy dealers.

 It takes about 30 min to change the oil with the stock configuration. If
you have a stock oil cooler add another 30 min.  Maybe a quick-lube
wouldn't want to do it but anyone who knows what he/she is doing should
not have to go cutting holes in a sound car to make up for their lack of
ability or patience!

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag