FW: Re: Tires for TR3A

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: Tires for TR3A
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:20:23 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["Keith Edwards"
<keithedwards@hotmail.com>]]

     Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 14:50:19 PDT
     From: "Keith Edwards" <keithedwards@hotmail.com>
     Subject: Re: Tires for TR3A

Carl, you stroked the keyboard:

>I have heard that the car will take up to a 185x70sr.  I was planning >on
>going to the 175's in the fall when I put new feet on the car.
>
>Any other thoughts out there?

One other thing to consider about tire sizes for a TR3 is how wide a tire will
fit in the spare tire well.  I don't know if a 185X70SR15 will fit in the well,
even when flat.

You want to make sure you have a place to bring the flat one home.

I can recall reading about some very exotic (Italian) car with a temp. duty
spare, that would require leaving an extremely wide tire by the side of the
road, in case of a flat.  The idea would be sort of comparable.

OTOH, one of my TR3s currently has 225X60X15 tires on 72 spoke wires on it, but
that's another story.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net