Tires for TR3A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tires for TR3A
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 07:55:31 -0400
Hello to the list:

Just picked up a set of Michelin ZX 175/15 tires from an old Volvo type.
They appear to be in excellent shape and virtually unused.  Anyone have any
experience with this size for a TR3A?  I did a quick comparison for
circumference and tire height with the old 5.60/15 bias ply tires on the car
now and the 175's seem pretty close to the old 5.60's.  I realize that the
recommended size for the 3A's is a 165/15, but these 175's seemed too good a
bargin to pass up.  Also, thought I could get a little more rubber on the
road.  I am using the 4.5" steel wheels; I have been told that these are
wide enough for the 175's.  Am I likely to run into problems with this size
of tire?

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham
Waterloo, Ont. Canada