California Senate Bill 42 * Good News*

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: California Senate Bill 42 * Good News*
From: WOTTATR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 19:12:47 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: WOTTATR@aol.com
  California State Senate
  Senator
  Jack O'Connell
  Eighteenth Senatorial District

  April 2, 1997

  Kenneth Gillanders, Mayor Pro Tem
  City of Temple City
  P.O. Box 668
  Temple City, CA 91780

  Dear Mr. Gillanders:

  Thank you for your letter urging me to support Senate Bill 42, authored by
Senator
  Quentin Kopp, which would exempt vehicles that are 25 or more model years
old
  from existing smog check requirements.  I appreciate you taking the time to

  contact me with your important concerns.

  You will be happy to know that SB 42 was unanimously passed by the Senate
on
  March 20, 1997, and currently awaits assignment to a policy committee in
the
  Assembly.  For your information, I have included an analysis prepared by
the
  Senate Appropriations Committee as well as the most recent version of the
bill.  I
  hope this information is helpful.

  Again, thank you for your letter.  If I can be of any further assistance
with this or
  other state matters, please do not hesitate to contact me once again.

  Sincerely,

  Jack O'Connell